Our Partnership With Take 3 For The Sea
We're supporting Take 3 For The Sea in their mission to remove 3 million pieces of plastic from the environment in the next 3 years! We can all be the plastic solution.
Take 3 estimates that with every $10 they receive in donations, they can either remove 30 pieces of rubbish through their campaigns or educate 3 kids through their school programs. Let's do this!
We’ve brought together a ton of great products that reduce the toxic impact to our health and our environment in at least one way (check out our Ingredients and Environmental Policies).
To drive further impact, we offer our customers the chance to donate $1 to our partner, Take 3 For The Sea, who's campaigning hard to influence and organise the removal of 3 million pieces of plastic pollution from our environment in the next 3 years!
We believe in their cause so much that we match every one of your donations to double the give-back. Every $2 we donate together can remove 6 pieces of plastic from our beautiful land and oceans.
Giving our customers a simple way to support the environment and create a more positive impact with their dollars is #1 in our book.
WHY IS PLASTIC A PROBLEM?
- More than 8 million tonnes of new plastic pollution enter our oceans each year killing turtles, whales, dolphins, seals, and seabirds
- Because it's so durable, every single piece of plastic ever made still exists and will continue existing for at least 500 years
- Up to 236,000 tonnes of microplastics (tiny pieces of broken-down plastic smaller than your little fingernail) enter our oceans each year
- These plastics (and the toxic chemicals they're made of) are being eaten by animals, entering marine food chains
The long-term damage of plastic to our planet, our wildlife and ourselves is unknown. Check out the Ted Talk below where Co-Founder & CEO of Take 3 For The Sea, Tim Silverwood shares more on the global plastic problem.
HOW CAN WE EACH BE PART OF THE PLASTIC SOLUTION?
- Reduce our plastic consumption by arming ourselves with savvy, reusable solutions to fight the war on waste
- Depose of our waste responsibly
- When you're out and about, pick up and dispose of three pieces of plastic to 'Take 3 For The Sea'
TAKE 3 FOR THE SEA'S WAR ON PLASTIC
Take 3 is working to inspire behavioural change. Their message is super simple: pick up 3 pieces of rubbish when you leave the beach, a national park, your favourite coastal walk, local bike ride - anywhere - and dispose of it responsibly.
Do that, and you’ve made a difference.
Take 3 passionately promotes this message through their online campaigns and education programs that are built to inspire the global community to use less plastic and create a cleaner planet for wildlife and future generations.
They work with schools and communities to increase awareness of plastic pollution (particularly in the marine environment) and share ways to reduce and prevent waste.
They’ve reached more than 200,000 students and 100,000 community members through their education programs at early childhood centres, schools and community events.
Take 3 estimates that with every $10 they receive in donations, they can either remove 30 pieces of rubbish through their campaigns or educate 3 kids through their school programs.
That’s real, tangible change! And we’re passionate about supporting it.
Every $2 we can donate to them together really does make a difference.
LET’S DO THIS!