A TRUSTED PARTNERSHIP ADVERTORIAL WITH PISTUU
WORDS BY PISTUU
Makes 8 half cup servings, after you’ve taste tested a few times ; )
Prep time - 10 minutes
Cook time - 15 minutes + 15 minutes soaking
Total time - 40 minutes
There’s nothing like a glass of rich, creamy, boozy eggnog to kick off the Christmas festivities! Aptly named, ‘No-Egg Eggnog’, we promise you you’ll be shocked at how incredible this egg-less version is. Spiced rum is the pièce de résistance in this velvety tipple, but if you don’t drink alcohol never fear, it’s still delicious without. Now let’s raise our glasses. Cheers!
1 cup raw cashews
1 400g can full fat coconut milk (organic is best for this recipe)
1 400g can full fat coconut cream (organic is best for this recipe)
⅓ cup maple syrup
⅓ cup spiced rum (plus more if you like it extra boozy!)
¾ tsp cinnamon powder
½ tsp ground nutmeg (plus a sprinkle on top of each glass to serve - fresh, finely grated nutmeg on top is amazing if you can get it)
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Place raw cashews in a saucepan and cover them with water. Bring water to a gentle boil and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow cashews to soak for another 15 minutes. Drain.
- When ready, place cashews in a high speed blender with all remaining ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more spices, maple syrup or rum if desired.
- Allow the no egg eggnog to cool. Refrigerate for at least two hours to allow it to thicken and so the flavours can infuse. Best served chilled.
- Prior to serving, give the no egg eggnog a quick blend or a good shake to froth it up. Distribute into glasses and top with a little sprinkle/grating of nutmeg. Cheers!
* Store in the fridge in an airtight jar for up to 4 days.
* Taste and play around with the flavours. Like it sweeter? Add some more maple syrup. Like it more boozy? Add a splash more spiced rum. If it’s too thick for your liking you can add a little water to thin it out.
* Optional - you can omit the alcohol and sub with water instead. You can use non-spiced rum or bourbon, but we’ve tested them all and prefer Morgan’s Spiced rum ; )
IF YOU LOVED THIS RECIPE, YOU'LL LOVE THIS FREE RECIPE BOOK DOWNLOAD.
If you’re planning a more planet-friendly Christmas meal this year and need some inspiration. look no further! We’ve teamed up with our friends at Pistuu to bring you a mouth-watering, Alternative Christmas Feast Menu, complete with ideas for starters, mains, sides, dessert… and even a “No-Egg Eggnog”. YUM YUM YUM! To get your FREE recipe book, simply click HERE.
Pistuu helps busy professionals and families discover and create amazing weekly plant-based meal plans. Each one of Pistuu’s 100% plant-based recipes are carefully crafted to make them super easy to follow. They're nutritious, delicious and done and dusted in 20-40 minutes. You can download it on Apple and Android today.